Terms And Conditions
The Red Forge, 9a Station Road, Corsham, Wiltshire, SN13 9EU,
The full name of our company is Modern Mirrors Ltd.
We are registered in England and Wales under Registration Number 08118165 Our Registered Address is The Red Forge, 9a Station Road, Corsham, Wiltshire, SN13 9EU can contact us by email: [email protected] or by phone on 01249 481 579
Website usage Terms & Conditions
IMPORTANTPlease only book a tradesmen to install your product, after it has been delivered!
- We advise all customers to avoid booking an electrician or trade professional to fit their product until they have received delivery of their purchase.
- Product delivery dates and times may vary during special circumstances.
- We are not liable for and do not pay any installation fees to our customers.
- We advise all customers to check their product upon receipt to ensure they are happy with their purchase.
- Any damaged items should be reported to us within 48hrs of delivery, after this time we cannot accept responsibility.
- This document was created using extracts of an SEQ Legal template.
3. Licence to use website
- Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
- You must not, without our prior consent:
- a. Republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- b. Sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- c. Reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose;
- d. Edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
- e. Redistribute material from this website except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution.
4. Acceptable use
- You must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- You must not use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of or is linked to any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
- You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities including, without limitation, scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting on or in relation to our website without our express written consent.
- You must not use our website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
- You must not use our website for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.
5. Limited warranties
- We do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the information published on this website; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
6. Limitations and exclusions of liability
- a. limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- b. limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- c. limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law;
- d. exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
- a. are subject to the preceding paragraph;
- To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
12. Exclusion of third party rights
13. Entire agreement
14. Law and jurisdiction
Terms and Conditions sale
- By placing an order with Modern Mirrors Ltd, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions of Sale in full. If you disagree with these or any part of the Terms and Conditions of Sale, then do not place an order without contacting us first.
- Modern Mirrors Ltd shall not be liable to the Customer for any consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit, goodwill, business revenue or otherwise) costs, expenses or any other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the Goods or their resale by the Customer.
- These Conditions shall apply to any agreement between the Company and the Customer for the sale of the Goods. All other terms and conditions and warranties whether express or implied statutory or otherwise are excluded.
16. Force Majeure
- Modern Mirrors Ltd shall not be liable to the Customer or be deemed to be in breach of contract by reason of any delay in performing or any failure to perform any of the Company's obligations in relation to the Goods, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the Company's reasonable control.
- By placing an order with Modern Mirrors Ltd, you are confirming that the details you have submitted are correct and accurate and that you are the authorised user of the debit or credit card used to place to order. If payment has been made through a PayPal account you are confirming that you are the authorised user of that account.
- Once an order has been placed you be sent an emailed order acknowledgement confirming that you order has been received. A subsequent e-mail will be sent confirming the dispatch of the goods. A contract is only formed once the dispatch confirmation email has been sent. For multiple goods, only the items listed on the dispatch confirmation e-mail will form the contract.
- If we discover an error in the price, description or availability of any goods you have ordered, we will inform you without delay. You will be given the option of re-confirming your order taking into account the error or cancelling your order. You will be refunded in full for a cancelled order.
- We accept payment via PayPal or from MasterCard, Visa, Visa Electron, Maestro, Switch, Delta and Solo. All prices are inclusive of VAT. Payment of incurred import duties are the responsibility of the customer. The sales transaction will appear as Modern Mirrors Ltd on your statement. If you disagree with the amount debited contact Modern Mirrors Ltd within ten working days of the transaction date.
19. Product delivery
- We provide FREE next working day insured delivery to anywhere in the UK with tracking confirmation sent directly to you via email when the order leaves our warehouse (unless stated on the product).
- Next day delivery is only valid if orders are placed before 16:00 Monday –Thursday; If ordered on Friday before 16:00 your order will reach you on Monday; If ordered after 16:00 on Friday or on the weekend your order will arrive the following Tuesday.
- Some larger products are on a 48hr delivery. The items that use this service will have 48hr delivery clearly stated next to the website listing of the product.
- We offer Saturday delivery service and Saturday nominated delivery for an extra charge. The Customer cannot avail a Saturday delivery when ordering a 48HR Delivery item on any Friday.
- Orders placed over the weekend or on a Bank Holiday will be processed the next working day.
- Failed deliveries will be reattempted the following work day. After the third attempt the product will be stored for collection at your local Post Office.
- Modern Mirrors Ltd shall be under no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage or incurred costs arising from any delay in despatch or delivery.
- If an incorrect delivery address was specified at the time or ordering, Modern Mirrors Ltd will not be liable if the item fails to reach the correct address. No refunds will be given.
20. Transit damage
- Items should be checked immediately upon receipt irrespective of your planned installation date. Broken or defective parts or products must be reported to us within 48 hours of you receiving the product. If you inform us of the breakages after this time we cannot warrant your claim.
- We will arrange for a replacement product or specific part to be sent as soon as possible once the damage or defect has been reported. We will require a clear photograph of the damage or defect prior to dispatch.
21. Right to cancel
- If you are not entirely satisfied with your product for any reason, please contact us within 14 days, beginning on the day after you receive the goods. To return products you must inform us in writing or in another durable medium. You will then be informed of the return procedure by e-mail.
- Check the product suits your requirements before you install it as once your mirror or cabinet is installed and fitted to the wall we cannot give you a full refund. Returned products must be complete, unused and in 'as new' condition. It should be returned with the original box, packing and accessories and within five working days once you have cancelled the contract. The product's proof of purchase should be attached to the packaging. You are advised to retain proof of posting. The customer is wholly responsible for the costs associated with returning a product.
- Once we have received the item back in its original condition a refund will be credited back to the original payment card. The refund will not include any incurred postage costs.
- If you are in possession of the goods you are under the duty to retain them and take reasonable care of them. Until the item is received back at our warehouse it remains your responsibility. Modern Mirrors Ltd will not be liable for any damage or loss of your item during the return transit. We reserve the right to refuse an exchange or refund if goods are not returned in a saleable condition or are damaged.
- We reserve the right to make a charge not exceeding our direct costs of recovering the goods if you do not return them at our expense.
- Any bespoke items (including those with additional add-ons), returned either for an exchange or full refund will encounter a £30 non-negotiable re-stocking fee. This is separate from the £25 collection fee which applies to circumstances where we collect the item(s).
22. Product warranty
- Excluding our battery operated range of mirrors which carry a five year warranty, all our mains powered Mirrors and Cabinets come with a ten year parts only warranty from the date of invoice. You invoice should be retained as this is your proof of purchase and warranty commencement date.
- The above warranty is given for the benefit of the original purchasing Customer only and is not transferable or assignable by the Customer to any third party.
The above warranty shall not apply in respect of:
- 22.1 any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage; negligence; failure to follow the Company's instructions (whether oral or in writing); alteration or modification of the goods; premature failure caused by poor cleaning and/or maintenance; damage caused during return transit to the Company; incorrect repair of the Goods.
- 22.2 of electrical or electronic components: damage caused by exposure to high voltages; static damage; damage caused by mishandling components; repairs made by an unqualified person.
- 22.3 goods which have been continued to be used by the Customer after any failure or defects of the Goods first became apparent
- 22.4 any failure or defect of the Goods which was apparent upon receipt of by the Customer which has not been notified to the Company in accordance with Section (20)
- 22.5 surface corrosion is covered for 2 years from the date of invoice on mild steel products, and perforation warranty for 5 years from date of invoice.
- 22.6 Fluorescent tubes, Incandescent Bulbs and batteries are not covered under warranty. LED bulbs/strips are covered for one year from the date of delivery of your Mirror.
- 22.7 any direct or indirect consequential liability, (whether for loss of profit, goodwill, business revenue or otherwise) loss, injury or damage (other than death or personal injury) arising through any such failure or defect.
23. Warranty claim procedure
- If the Customer has a warrantable problem with the Goods they should contact Modern Mirrors Ltd.
- We will endeavour to identify which component(s) need replacing and if available in stock we will send replacement(s) free of charge on a next working day delivery. We recommend that a fully qualified electrician fits all electrical or electronic parts however, any incurred costs will be at the Customers expense.
- The installation of the product and the fitting of any replacement parts by a non-qualified person are totally at the Customer's discretion and Modern Mirrors Ltd is not liable for person injuries caused as a result.
- If we are unable to determine the fault of the Customer's item after three attempts we will arrange for the item to be collected for inspection by our technical team. At Modern Mirrors Ltd.'s discretion we may offer the Customer a replacement product at this time, or alternatively it will be fully repaired and fully tested and returned to the Customer.
- Modern Mirrors Ltd is not liable for any costs incurred in removing a faulty item or reinstalling a repaired or replaced item.